Today we live in an aura where people don’t have time. Everyone is busy in their own lives. Due to today’s hectic lifestyle, we do not have time to take care of our health. People don’t have time to eat homemade food but instead, everyone is running after fast food like burgers, hot dogs, Franki, mac Donald, KFC, and many more.so, here we like to share information about health benefits of vegan diet.
People love to eat all this food as it is not time-consuming to make and it is easily available. These foods are not good for our health and do not contain enough nutrients.
Definition of diet
Diet is the amount of food taken by a person on a daily basis. A person must take a complete meal which include proper amount of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals. Due to the changing lifestyle people are taking unhealthy diet. A good diet is linked to healthy life, good health and increase the lifespan.
To begin with, a healthy diet is said to improve overall health. It contains important nutrients, micronutrients, macronutrients and as well as calories. Micronutrients are nutrients which include dietary minerals (e.g. salts, iron, copper and so on) and vitamins. Macronutrients include carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
In addition, healthy diet also include fruits, vegetables, whole grains (lentils, beans etc.), cereals (rice, maize, barley etc.) and as well as animal sources (meat, eggs, fish etc.)
Importance of healthy diet
- Firstly, healthy diet acts as a protection; it protects people from getting heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and hypertension and so on.
- Secondly, it is very important to eat a variety of foods containing less sugars and salts. It is also important to consume products that are less saturated.
What is a balanced diet?
A balance diet is a diet which contains all the nutrients in a correct proportion. It is important to eat fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, fresh juice, whole grains, and cereals and so on. It is important to consume calories in the correct proportion.
- Body needs balance diet to function properly. If not the body can gets disease, fatigue, infection and lower in performance level.
- Children not consuming balance diet may suffer from obesity, diabetes and as well as poor academic performance.
Different types of diet
- Low-carb, whole-food Diet
- Mediterranean Diet
- Paleo Diet
- Vegan Diet
- Gluten-free Diet
- The Blood Type Diet
- The South Beach Diet
- Raw Food Diet
Nowadays this diet has become popular throughout the world. As the word said vegan means vegetarian. So it is a vegetarian diet. particular this diet has many health benefits like weight loss, reduce the risk of heart disease, and control the blood glucose level in the body. It does not contain animal products. It consists only of plants.
Types of Vegan Diets include:
1. Whole food vegan diet consists of fruits, vegetables, legumes, seeds, nuts, and whole grains.
2. Raw-food vegan diet consists of raw vegetables, nuts, fruits and seeds.
3. 80/10/10 diet consists of raw food. The food must be vegan. There is restriction of plants which contain fats like nuts and avocados. You must eat raw fruits and grains only.
4. The starch solution diet is similar like 80/10/10 diet. You must consume foods which have been cooked. Therefore, we can cook starches like rice, corn and potato.
5. Raw till 4 diets contain both the qualities of 80/10/10 and starch solution diet. You consumed cooked starch foods and as well as raw foods. But raw foods must be taken until 14.00 o’clock.
6. The thrive diet consist of raw food but vegan diet. One must eat only plant foods and foods which are raw or half cooked at a low temperature.
7.Junk-food vegan diet consists of heavy foods like cheese, frites, mock meats, vegan desserts. These are all heavy foods which are vegan.
List of Vegan snacks:
- Nut butter
- Fruit and nut Bars
- Trail mix
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Cereal with plant milk
- Dried seaweed snacks
- Whole grain crackers
- Cashew nut spread
- Chia pudding
Source of calcium and vitamin D for vegan
Our body needs calcium to build strong bones and teeth.
Sources of calcium:
- Green leafy vegetables – broccoli, cabbage, etc.
- Oat drinks,
- Sesame seeds ,
- Brown and White bread ,
- Dried fruit.
Sources of vitamin D:
- Sun bath,
- Fortified fat spreads,
- Breakfast cereals,
- Vitamins D supplements.
Sources of iron
Iron is important for the production of red blood cells.
- Whole meal bread and flour,
- Breakfast cereals,
- Dark green and leafy vegetables,
- Dried fruits.
Sources of vitamin B12
- Breakfast cereals,
- Unsweetened soya drinks with vitamin B12,
- Yeast extract, like Marmite.
Sources of omega-3 fatty
Sources of omega-3 fatty acids:
- Flax seed oil,
- Rape seed oil,
- Soya oil,
- Soya-based foods like tofu,
Better heart health
To start with, vegan diet acts as a booster for hear heath in different ways. A higher intake of plant foods reduces the risk of developing heart disease and death. Animal products like meat, butter and also cheese contain saturated fats. Eating these foods increase the risk of developing cholesterol in the body thus leading to heart disease and stroke.
Plant foods contain high level of fiber as compared to animal products with no fiber at all. Vegan diet also reduces the risk of obesity as vegan diets contain fewer calories.
Lower cancer risk
Studies have shown that consuming vegan diet may reduce the risk of having cancer by 15%. This is because vegan food is made up of plant. Therefore, they are high in fiber, vitamins, and phytochemicals. Plants also contain biologically active compounds which protect against cancers. It is important to reduce processed and red meat from the diet. It is important to consume lots of fruits and vegetables as it lower the risk of having lung, mouth, esophagus, and stomach cancer.
Moreover, people consuming vegan diet may have lower body mass index (BMI) than those eating normal diet. Vegan diet is more beneficial for weight loss rather than semi-vegetarian, omnivorous and also peco-vegetarian diet. Vegan diet contains more macronutrients. Animal foods contain high level of fat and calories. It is important to consume less animal foods. High fat plant food and also processed food can lead to weigh gain.
Vegan foods contain high levels of fiber, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin E, folic acid, and also phytochemicals. It also contains a low level of calories, cholesterol, saturated fat, calcium, omega 3 fatty acids, zinc, vitamin B12, and also vitamin D. vegan diet is beneficial in improving energy for the metabolism process, obese, and also diabetic type 2. Vegan people consume more nutrients and phytochemicals.
Vegan diet is beneficial for cognitive function. Patients consuming vegan diets have light improvement in migraine, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, and rheumatoid arthritis. Vegan diets are gluten free. Consuming vegan diet is beneficial for cognitive and mental health. Vegan diet contains phytochemical and this is beneficial for mental health.
Other benefits of Vegan Diets
Cancer risk: Vegan people have 15% chance of not developing or dying from cancer. They have a lower risk.
Arthritis: Consuming vegan diets have a lower risk of developing arthritis problem like pain, joint swelling and so on.
Kidney function: vegan people may have a lower risk of developing kidney function due to the consumption of plant protein.
Day by day vegan diets are becoming popular. Many health benefits are attached to vegan diet like heart health, weight loss and also lower risk of having chronic diseases. Therefore, vegan diets are better for environment.
If you have any queries and want to say something about the health benefits of vegan diet then please use the comment box which is given below.
So, on the basis of the above details, you will get an idea about the health benefits of a vegan diet. If you like my posts then share it and keep commenting and stay tuned for more blogs and for other information about the health benefits of vegan diet. so, visit healthutsav.com for more updates.