Definition of diet
Diet is the amount of food taken by a person on a daily basis. A person must take a complete meal which include proper amount of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals. This makes Healthy Diet Plans. Due to the changing lifestyle people are taking unhealthy diet. A good diet is linked to a healthy life, and increase the lifespan.
so, here we share some information about Healthy Diet Plans
To begin with, a healthy diet is said to improve overall health. It contains important nutrients, micronutrients, macronutrients and as well as calories. Micronutrients are nutrients which include dietary minerals (e.g. salts, iron, copper and so on) and vitamins. Macronutrients include carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
In addition, healthy diet also include fruits, vegetables, whole grains (lentils, beans etc.), cereals (rice, maize, barley etc.) and as well as animal sources (meat, eggs, fish etc.)
Importance of healthy diet plans
- Firstly, healthy diet acts as a protection; it protects people from getting heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and hypertension and so on.
- Secondly, it is very important to eat a variety of foods containing less sugars and salts. It is also important to consume products that are less saturated.
What is a balanced diet?
A balance diet is a diet which contains all the nutrients in a correct proportion. It is important to eat fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, fresh juice, whole grains, and cereals and so on. It is important to consume calories in the correct proportion.
Importance of balanced diet
- Body needs balance diet to function properly. If not the body can gets disease, fatigue, infection and lower in performance level.
- Children not consuming balance diet may suffer from obesity, diabetes and as well as poor academic performance.
Calories are defined as the amount of energy food can store. We need calories to carry out our daily activities like walking, running, breathing, thinking and so on. The body needs calories for the proper functioning.
In order, to maintain weight a person need to consume 2,000 calories daily. The daily calories of a person vary upon the age, gender and physical activity. Athletes need to more calories because they exercise. Women need fewer calories as compared to men.
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Trusted Source here are the guidelines for daily intake of calories:
- children from 2 to 8 years: 1,000 to 1,400 calories
- girls from 9 to 13 years: 1,400 to 1,600 calories
- boys from 9 to 13 years: 1,600 to 2,000 calories
- active women ages 14 to 30 years: 2,400 calories
- sedentary women ages 14 to 30 years: 1,800 to 2,000 calories
- active men ages 14 to 30 years: 2,800 to 3,200 calories
- sedentary men ages 14 to 30 years: 2,000 to 2,600 calories
- active men and women over 30 years: 2,000 to 3,000 calories
- sedentary men and women over 30 years: 1,600 to 2,400 calories
Ways to achieve a balanced diet
It is necessary to include the following foods in a balanced diet:
Fruits are very important as they contain nutrients. An old English proverb said that “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. It is necessary to consume fresh fruits. Fruits contain natural sugar. There are many fruits available nowadays in the market like apple, watermelon, avocado, and bananas and so on.
Moreover, Fruits contains nutrients like potassium, fiber, vitamins, minerals and folic acid. By consuming fruits you will always be fit and healthy. Potassium presents in fruits prevent heart disease; prevent the risk of having kidney stones and decrease bone loss. Folic acid helps in the red blood cells by preventing birth defects.
One of the most important source of getting vitamins and minerals are through vegetables. Dark leaf and green vegetables contain iron. It is always recommended to eat fresh vegetables. It is better to consume raw vegetables.
Furthermore, Dark leaf vegetables include spinach, broccoli, cabbage, green beans and so on. Vegetables contain potassium, fiber, folic acid, vitamin A, Vitamin C and as well as dietary fiber which help to decrease cholesterol and lower the risk of getting heart disease.
It is very important to include grains in our diet. Grains are the main source of nutrients. Grains contain fiber, vitamins, minerals, iron, magnesium, dietary fibers, niacin, folic acid and as well as thiamin. They are the main source of protein. Diet which contains whole grains help in reducing heart disease, obesity, cancer and diabetes type 2.
Different types of grains include brown rice, quinoa, wheat, oats, rice, corn, barley, millet and so on.
Nutrients found in dry oats are as follows:
Fiber: 3 grams
Manganese: 69% of RDI
Phosphorous: 15% of RDI
Thiamine: 14% of RDI
Magnesium: 12% of RDI
Copper: 9% of RDI
Zinc and iron: 7% of RDI
Note: RDI means Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
Beans and meats are the importance source of protein. Protein is important for the growth and development of the body. Our body needs protein to repair damage tissues. It is also important for muscles, skins, and blood, cartilage and building bones. Our body needs an intake of 0.8 grams of the Dietary reference Intake. It is normally per kilogram.
Foods which contain proteins are meat, poultry, fish, eggs, tofu, milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, soya, soy beverages, nuts, lentils, beans, almond, and walnuts and so on. A man must consume 56 grams of protein per day and a woman must intake 46 grams per day. You have excess of protein then it is stored as fat and the excessive amino acids are excreted by the body.
Dairy products come from mammals such as cattle, goats, sheep, camels and as well as human. Dairy products include butter, buttermilk, chaas, cheese, curd, cream, ghee, khoa, ice-cream, paneer and so on. Diary product can also come in plant based like flaxseed, almond or soya. Plant based milk come generally from water based plant extract. They are manufactured and have flavor and aromas. They are vegan beverages.
The latter, plays a very important role in diet. It helps in building bones and having a fit and healthy weight. It is important for teeth as it provides healthy teeth and prevents gum disease. Dairy products contain calcium, Vitamins, magnesium, Zinc and protein.
Oil must be used moderately. Oil can be classified as saturated and unsaturated.
Saturated oil: Saturated oil is associated with heart disease, increase high cholesterol level. Saturated oil is rich in fats. Example of saturated fat can be lamb, pork, beef fat (Tallow), fatty beef and so on. Saturated fats do not have double bonds.
Unsaturated oil: These are oil that is liquid at room temperature. They originate from plants and animals. They have only one double bound in the fatty acid. It is important to consume unsaturated oil. It contains low cholesterol and has less chance of heart developing disease. Example can be olive oil, vegetables oil (Canola, Safflower, Sunflower, Corn oil) avocado etc.
Different types of diet
1. Low-carb, whole-food diet
A low-carb diet contains food which is low in carbohydrates. It is mostly found in pasta, bread and foods that contain sugar. It is rich in protein, fat and vegetables. The diet is flexible. It also depends upon your goal. This type of diet goes well for people who want to lose weight. It lowers the risk of having diseases. It contains a high amount of meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruits, nuts and fats. It contains low sugar and starches.
Foods to avoid for Low-carb, whole-food diet
- Sugar like soft drinks, fruit juices, candy, ice cream and so on.
- Refined grains include rice, rye, barley, pasta, etc.
- Tran’s fats especially hydrogenated oils.
- Diet and low-fat products include cereals or crackers in which sugar has been added.
- Highly processed foods include cheese, cakes, biscuits, tinned vegetables, meat products, etc.
- Starchy vegetables include potato, sweet potatoes, corn, beets, pumpkin and so on.
An example can be:
- Breakfast: A variety of vegetables fried in butter with omelet.
- Lunch: previous night veggies and burgers.
- Dinner: Salmon with butter and vegetables.
2. Mediterranean diet
Mediterranean diet is associated with vegetable heavy diet. Meat must be avoided. It helps to reduce the risk of heart disease, depression, control blood glucose level and reduce weight loss. Vegetables must be added in each and every meal. It has the approval of fish than chicken. You can use herbs, nuts and as well as whole grain in your meal. You can also use extra virgin olive oil. It is about balance, proportion and eating healthy.
One should eat more vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains, dairy products, beans, herbs, seafood. You must consume less red meat and avoid processed foods which contain sugar like ice cream, candy, white bread and so on.
An example can be:
- Breakfast: whole grain toast associated with boil egg and fruit.
- Lunch: Tuna with greens.
- Dinner: White fish cooked in olive oil, garlic and sweet potato.
3. Paleo diet
This diet is famous in the entire world. It is beneficial for losing weight and helps in improving health. It focuses generally on unprocessed foods. There is no intake of sugar in this type of diet. The sugar you can get is through fruits. You are not allowed to consume processed foods and grains. As you are consuming fewer carbohydrates thus the level of glucose in your body decreases. The body will use fat to get energy. You are not allowed to consume dairy products also. You can only consume fish, vegetables, fruits, nuts, oil, eggs and meat but the meat must be grass-fed.
An example can be:
- Breakfast: Eggs and vegetables which are fired using coconut oil. One fruit.
- Lunch: Chicken salads associated in olive oil. You can accompany with nuts.
- Dinner: Salmon which is fried in butter associated with vegetables.
4. Vegan diet
Nowadays this diet has become popular throughout the world. As the word said vegan means vegetarian. So it is vegetarian diet. It has many health benefits like weight loss, reduce the risk of heart disease and control the blood glucose level in the body. It does not contain animal products and consists only of plants.
Types of Vegan Diets include:
- The whole food vegan diet consists of fruits, vegetables, legumes, seeds, nuts, and whole grains.
- A raw-food vegan diet consists of raw vegetables, nuts, fruits, and seeds.
- 80/10/10 diet consists of raw food. The food must be vegan. There is a restriction of plants that contain fats like nuts and avocados. You must eat raw fruits and grains only.
- The starch solution diet is similar to the 80/10/10 diet. You must consume foods that have been cooked. Therefore, we can cook starches like rice, corn, and potato.
- Raw till 4 diets contain both the qualities of 80/10/10 and starch solution diet. You consumed cooked starchy foods and as well as raw foods. But raw foods must be taken until 14.00 o’clock.
- The thrive diet consist of raw food but a vegan diet. One must eat only plant foods and foods which are raw or half-cooked at a low temperature.
- A junk-food vegan diet consists of heavy foods like cheese, fries, mock meats, vegan desserts. These are all heavy foods that are vegan.
5. Gluten-free diet
This type of diet is consumed by those who cannot consume gluten. Gluten is protein and is normally find in wheat, rye and as well as barley. Some people’s body cannot digest gluten. This type of diet reduces the risk of having celiac disease.
Celiac disease is a disorder. It affects small intestine. You may suffer from diarrhea, loss of appetite, abdominal distention and as well as malabsorption.
Foods that are gluten-free:
- Vegetables and Legumes
- Fish and Meat Free Substitutes
The above information given help you to manage Healthy Diet plans for good and happy life.
So, based on the above details, you will get an idea about the Healthy Diet Plans. If you like my posts then share it and keep commenting and stay tuned for more blogs and for other information about Healthy Diet Plans Visit our site Healthutsav.com